ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assembles, installs, and aligns dies in press according to specifications
- Adjusts ram stroke to specified height as needed.
- Positions work piece against fixtures or stops on machine bed or on die.
- Starts press and observes operation to detect misalignment or malfunction.
- Completes basic machine troubleshooting and corrective maintenance.
- Inspects work pieces for conformance to specifications and adjusts machine to correct errors. Isolates non-conforming product.
- Cleans and lubricates machines and maintains work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Positions and clamps feed guide.
- Thread metal strip from payout reel through pinch rollers or loads hopper or conveyor with metal blanks.
- Maintains a safe, clean and organized work environment at all times.
- Label, scan, and move product per specifications.
- Completes all paperwork as required Performance to comply with all company Procedures, Policies, Work Instructions, knowledge of internal and external requirements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); six to twelve months related experience and/or training is preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Possess strong work ethic, is a self-starter, has good attendance and works successfully in team settings.
- Strong mechanical aptitude Ability to read blueprints and to properly use precision measuring devices to ensure quality.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements to include Electrical Safety, Machine Guarding and Authorized Lockout/Tagout Procedures.
- Visual skills for accessing functionality of equipment and ability to solve practical problems with a variety of concrete variables. ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org